|| RSO Publications and Forms
(files are in .pdf format)
RSO TECHNICAL AMENDMENTS EFFECTIVE 7-15-11
- RSO Notification
- General Information
- Resident Managers as Tenants
- Is the resident manager's unit subject to registration?
- When is a resident manager also a tenant and, therefore, subject to the RSO?
- Is the manager-tenant subject to the automatic rent increases allowed under the RSO?
- What is the rent for a manager-tenant unit on termination of the person's employment?
- Does the resident manager have the right to review the previous rent records used to calculate the rent for his unit?
- Under what conditions may resident managers be evicted?
- When is a manager-tenant's rental unit decontrolled for re-rental at any level?
- Can an existing manager-tenant be evicted for a replacement resident manager?
- When is a manager-tenant eligible for relocation assistance?
- What are the reasons, subject to the RSO, for which a manager-tenant can file a complaint form with the Rent Stabilization Division?
- Allowable Rent Increase
- Automatic adjustments
- Current annual increase
- Adjustments approved by Rent Stabilization Division
- Rent level after a vacancy
- Evictions, Legal Reasons for in the City of Los Angeles
- Rent Stabilization Ordinance Section 151.09 - Evictions
- Three-Day Notice
- 60-Day Notice
- 120-Day Notice
- Unlawful Detainer
- Evictions for Occupancy by Landlord, Landlord's Immediate Family or a Resident Manager
- Relocation assistance
- Rent level after an eviction for immediate family
- Foreclosures in Rent Stabilized Properties
- Tenants rights in Rent Stabilized foreclosed properties
- Relocation Assistance
- What is the effective date of the Ordinance requiring relocation assistance?
- Under what conditions must landlords provide relocation assistance?
- Are there any exemptions from relocation assistance?
- Who is eligible, when, and for what amounts?
- How shall payment be made?
- How do I set up an escrow account if I choose to do so?
- On what basis does a tenant file a complaint, and how?
- Contact information for agencies who may assist with problems not covered under the Rent Stabilization Ordinance
- Additional Tenant Increase
- What is an additional tenant?
- How much is the additional tenant rent increase?
- Are there any exemptions to the rent increase?
- Can a landlord refuse to allow an additional tenant?
- When may the landlord increase the rent?
- What happens if the additional tenant vacates the unit?
- Payment of Interest on Security Deposits
- What is a security deposit?
- Under what conditions must landlords pay interest on security deposits?
- How does the landlord determine the amount of interest and what is the amount required to be paid?
- What are the interest rates for prior years?
- When did interest on security deposits start accruing?
- How and when is the payment of interest on security deposits to be made?
- May landlords still exercise their own discretion in investing security deposits?
- What happens if a tenant is not paid interest? What action may the tenant take to recover the amount owed?
- Who may I contact to learn more about Section 1950.5 of the California Civil Code?
- What Should I Know Before I Rent?
- Prior to renting
- Frequently asked questions about renting
- What's new
last changed 11/10/2014